- Board Meetings
- Continuing Education
- Decision Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Expert Witness Recruitment
- Filing a complaint with the BOP
- License Verification
Expert Reviewer Program
The Board of Psychology Enforcement Program is currently recruiting qualified psychologists to review case materials, prepare written opinions and testify at administrative hearings as an Expert Witness.
Expert Witnesses are paid $90 per hour for case review and preparation of the expert opinion report and $110 per hour plus expenses if called to testify at an administrative hearing.
If you wish to provide this service to your community and be considered by the Board as an Expert Witness, you must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a current California psychology license in good standing with no complaint history within the last three years;
- Have forensic experience;
- Have an active practice (defined as at least 80 hours a month in direct patient care, clinical activity, or teaching with at least 40 hours in direct patient care);
- Have five or more years of experience and expertise in specific areas of practice;
- Have no prior or current charges or disciplinary action regarding any healing arts license, registration, certificate or credential to practice psychology or any other profession or occupation in any state in the United States, or foreign country;
- Have no criminal convictions, including any that were expunged or dismissed.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in becoming an Expert Witness, please mail a completed Expert Witness application to the address provided below. Include a current curriculum vitae and a written statement telling the Board why you would like to participate in the program.
Board of Psychology
1625 North Market Street, Suite N-215, Sacramento, CA 95834
Sacramento, CA 95834