Continuing Education Exemptions and Exceptions
- has been engaged in active military service.
- has been prevented from completing the continuing education requirements
for reasons of health or other good cause which includes:
- Total physical and/or mental disability of the psychologist for
at least one year; or
- Total physical and/or mental disability of an immediate family
member for at least one year where the psychologist has total responsibility
for the care of that family member.
- Information describing, in detail, the depth and breadth of the
content covered (e.g., a course syllabus and the goals and objectives
of the course), particularly as it relates to the practice of psychology.
- Information that shows the course instructor's qualifications to
teach the content being taught (e.g., his or her education, training,
experience, scope of practice, licenses held and length of experience
and expertise in the relevant subject matter), particularly as it
relates to the practice of psychology.
- Information that shows the course provider's qualifications to
offer the type of course being offered (e.g., the provider's background,
history, experience and similar courses previously offered by the
provider), particularly as it relates to the practice of psychology.
EXEMPTION FROM THE ON-SITE PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENT (INDEPENDENT